Welcome to another episode of the Mastering Counseling podcast! This week we’re exploring a very important topic – treating anxiety in women and girls. Joining Megan to share her expertise is Nicole Burgess. Nicole is a licensed marriage and family therapist and distance credentialed counselor with her own private practice based in Indianapolis, Indiana (Burgess Counseling and Consulting LLC) that provides both in-person and online therapy for teenage girls and women who struggle with anxiety.
In addition to seeing clients, she is also a Women’s Empowerment Mentor and the host of Soulfilled Sisterhood, a podcast that inspires, supports, and celebrates the seasons of introverted women’s lives. Her previous podcast, Launching Your Daughter, is for parents and caregivers of tween and teen girls.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The treatment models Nicole uses in her work with anxiety.
- Common mistakes therapists make when working with teenage clients.
- Resources for therapists interested in growing their competency when working with anxiety in teen girls.
- The ins and outs of offering online counseling services.
- And a great deal more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Nicole Burgess: Facebook
- Connect with Our Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Listen and Subscribe on: Spotify | iTunes | Player.fm (Android)
Counseling Spotlight: Burgess Counseling and Consulting LLC
Nicole Burgess received her Masters in Counseling Psychology from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (now called Sophia University) and worked in several different clinical settings before opening her own private practice.
Her focus is helping “teen girls, women, and moms overcome their struggles with worry and stress with therapy in Indianapolis.”
She provides a “non-judgemental space where you can safely express what’s bothering you and where we collaborate on finding your path towards feeling better.” Through informative blog posts, excellent podcasts, and a litany of resources, Nicole Burgess has built a tremendously successful practice that helps teen girls and women with stress and anxiety.