Get ready for yet another episode of the Mastering Counseling podcast! This week we’re exploring a critical topic of discussion – the keys to counseling women in relationships. Joining Megan to share her expertise is Maria Inoa, LCSW. Maria is a licensed clinical social worker with her own private practice in Jacksonville, Florida that provides both in-person and online therapy for women struggling with a wide range of relationship issues.
She completed both her undergraduate and graduate education at Florida State University and has been practicing for over 12 years in the state of Florida. In addition to seeing clients and running her own business, she also maintains a relationship blog on her practices website, Full Potential Counseling, that offers education and resources for readers on a wide range of mental health topics.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Common presenting issues of women who are struggling in their relationships.
- Special considerations when working with this population.
- Common mistakes therapists make when working with women on their relationships.
- Resources for therapists interested in growing their competency in this realm.
- And a great deal more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Maria Inoa, LCSW: LinkedIn
- Connect with Our Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Listen and Subscribe on: Spotify | iTunes | Player.fm (Android)
Counseling Spotlight: Full Potential Counseling
Full Potential Counseling is the practice started by Maria Inoa, which specializes “in helping women feel better about themselves and in their relationships with friends, family, and romantic relationships in the Jacksonville area.”
With over 12 years of experience, Maria’s goal is to help clients learn to love themselves and experience better relationships. In addition to serving as a portal for online and in-person therapy services, Maria also blogs about relationships on Full Potential Counseling. This provides unique insight valuable to anyone in a relationship.